Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rose Reflections

This is another one of those projects that I can only show you the after. I have looked and looked for the before picture, but I took it so long ago it is lost forever. No actually, I'm sure I will find it long after I write this post! Anyway, this mirror came from a thrift store and was a mixture of beige and brown roses! Who ever thought beige and brown roses made an atractive mirror, must have been crazy. I brought it home and painted it a beautiful creamy color and decided it was even uglier, if that was possible. Now she has been repainted once again in a glossy white, I think she is beautiful. I didn't think I was every going to get the darker colors covered with the bright white. I took her to the antique mall twice before I got everything white. Apparently the light in my basement is so poor that I just could not see the creamy yellow colored spots down in the grooves of the roses until I got it out in the bright daylight. Wow, I am so glad I finally got her done! I am linking to these parties:
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. looks great! I had one similar I got that was a yucky green and now it is white and in the bathroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this, i'm a big fan of mirrors, this one is really pretty. thanks for sharing it at my party. great job finishing her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a great find! it looks beautiful in white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! I like mirrors everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks beautiful! I would have loved to have seen the before picture just to show your awesomeness even more! :)

    ReplyDelete