Saturday, March 12, 2011

New Life For A Cute Little Footstool

How sad does this little foot stool look? She was tattered and worn,
but with legs like these, she was a beauty in disguise.
I think I paid $2.99 for her at Saver's
Sorry for the quality of the picture, this was moments before painting.
I had already taken the top off and just set it back on for the pic.
Here is after two coats of paint. Again, I used my new favorite,
now discontinued Kilz Cashmere White from Walmart.
If there is any left in your WM grab it
while it is on clearance. It goes on so smooth and covers rather nicely.
I covered the top with a new layer of batting and a remnant of the same fabric I had used for a pillow for my slipcovered chair. It looks like I took this pic upside down. The poor little bird is standing on his head. Here it is with the chair I had just slipcovered. In hindsight, I would not have painted the legs on the stool if I had been thinking of these two together. I guess that is what happens when you don't plan ahead. Anyway, I think it turned out pretty cute, and they probably will sell seperately anyway. Thanks for visiting and thanks again for all of my new followers for coming back and seeing what is next from my never ending list of projects. Watch for my upcoming desk projects. I have recently picked up two new desks and can't wait to get to work on them. Linking to these parties: Furniture Feature Fridays UndertheTableandDreaming
504 Main
Becolorful

11 comments:

  1. I love makeovers like this and I have been looking for a little foot stool too.

    Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were selling them as a set, you're right, I wouldn't have done the legs, but I love it. What a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!! I'm sooooo excited! I saw your chair at the flea market and almost bought it!!! I have a similar chair and was thinking of making a slipcover for it and when I saw yours, I thought I wish I knew who made it!! When I saw your chair featured on pink and polka dots and then clicked your link I was over the moon to find you here in my home town! I would love to email you and get to know you. You can email me lynne.ledom@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out great! I LOVE the fabric! Just came across your blog and I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! i love the foot stool with the chair and the pillows. love it! tahnks for sharing this at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful! Great with the chair and pillow. I'm your latest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so cute! I really like it with the white legs, makes it look a little more modern. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is gorgeous! that fabric is just perfect! i need to get some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the contrast between the light legs/dark top on the stool and the dark legs/light top on the chair. The stool turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVe this. Love the blue and whites and $2.99 what a steal!! You have a great eye.

    ReplyDelete