Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Turning 60- A New Chapter

 
 
 
Life has been hectic for me for the last two years, I keep thinking things will settle down and get back to normal. My husband and I sold the business we had for over 25 years in 2012. Then my parents moved to a retirement center, then our daughter sold her house and moved home for 6 months. Then we had a precious new granddaughter, then my parents moved again.  Then our daughter found another house and we needed to help her get moved. Then my husband started a new business and I get to help keep it running smoothly. During that time we rescued two more dogs and now have three crazy big dogs running the house.  My mom and I went from antique booths in one mall to three.  Whew! Craziness that will not stop. I kept thinking I would get settled and life would return to normal, but I think this is my new normal.

Last month I turned 60 and finally said, this has to change. I moved all of my stuff back into one antique mall. I do have three booths, but at least only one building. That’s a huge relief. Everyone is finally finished moving and I have decided that its time for me to take care of me.  I have a problem with feeling selfish, I have always been the one to help others, but at some point it hit me, I have to take care of myself first.

So, I decided to come back and write again. Share what I love to do, and that is create and collect. I am not only going to write on this blog, but also on another blog I started a long time ago, Stitch Daily. Be sure to check it out if you love to sew.

I know that I am not the only one who has gone through such big changes in life. I would love to hear how any of you have survived  big changes like these.

I’ll be back tomorrow with a post about something fun. In the mean time, I’ll be browsing Pinterest. It’s been my me time. Smile

Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment