Friday, November 19, 2010

A New Life Rocks On

I know it has been two months since I posted last time, but I am so busy with projects that I never have time to sit down and post. Of course, I always have time to read everyone else's posts, so I think it's time I get busy with my own. I am so hooked on painting furniture that my mom actually walked into my house last week and said, 'Well I see you haven't painted all of your own furniture, yet'. No mom I haven't, but I am thinking about it. This is one of those great bargains from the thrift store, I think this came from Savers. I know I only paid $9.99 and it was ugly through and through. I am not very good at remembering to take great before pictures, but this is the best I have on this rocker. It actually had a dark green cushion with it that I recovered.
It had a wood finish with some very 1980's gold trim on the legs and a floral design on the top. The gold trim was actually a decal and it was a real chore to sand it off. I actually started to paint over it, but it was slightly raised and showed through the paint. So, after lots of elbow grease and perserverance she turned out like this-

This is in the booth at the antique mall, so I did not get a great picture of this cute rocker by itself. I love the fabric on the cushion, it was of course a remnant I picked up at Joann's.

It really updated this newly painted rocker. It actually sold very quickly, so I am happy that it can have a loving new home.

I am linking up to:

Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job & the fabric for the cushion is perfect! I'm bad about not posting often either..it's hard to do all the projects AND post, right? Jen

    ReplyDelete