Monday, August 22, 2011

Pink and Chic Dresser Makeover

This dresser was sitting in my garage for two months and I had  so many different plans for it I just couldn't make up my mind.  My daughter and I found some vinyl wall stickers on the clearance rack at Kohl's and I finally decided which direction to go. Of course I didn't remember a before shot until after it was primed.


It was your basic maple dresser with antique brass pulls and a Formica type top.
It had seen some better days with scratches all over and even came with a Batman band aid on one of the pulls! Of course I didn't get a pic of that either. :(  I had picked up a can of oops paint at Wal-mart that was a bubble gum pink and a black Eiffel Tower  vinyl decal as well as some damask vinyl decals. So, I painted her pink and tried to put the Eiffel Tower decal on, but it was just too big. Plan B was the damask decals. I was going to put them on the middle and outer portions of the drawers and alternate from drawer to drawer.  But, as I started playing with the decals, I realized how perfectly they would fit with the pulls. I spray painted the pulls black and add a coat of gloss sealer.  Then I lined the designs up with the holes for the drawer pulls and cut slits for the screws to fit through. Wa..La.. ( Is that how you spell that?) The finished product!

I usually have alot of self doubt when something is finished. I usually think it looks silly or not so great. Not this time! I love this dresser and I so wish I had a teen age daughter.I has that chic style and some great storage.  I think it is adorable and the pulls lined up so perfectly with the decals.

They almost disappear.

I would love to hear what you think, I hope you love it as much as I do!

Be sure and come back tomorrow, I am hosting my first ever linky party! I am a little torn about what to call it since there is already a Tuesday's Treasures over at .  I am thinking about Tuesday's Rescue and Restyle.
I want to feature thrifting treasures and restyling.  I would totally love some input. Please leave your suggestions in the comments. Thank you and thanks for visiting!
 Linking to the following parties:
UndertheTableandDreaming Mod Vintage Life








A Marvelous Messsouthern hospitality
PhotobucketHookingupwithHoH







Organize and Decorate Everything



8 comments:

  1. OMGosh! I do love it. Very stylish and cute. Love what you have done with it. Pink, my favorite. Thanks for sharing and inspiring. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Coming from a house of boys I just love the pink! The handles and design is genius! Thanks so much for sharing! I am going to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I love how the pulls blend in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG~~~to sweet, like candy!!

    I need that at my house~
    Wish I had the patience, it sure turns out like pure treasure:*~

    ~~Wendy

    ReplyDelete