Monday, December 12, 2011

Sleek Black Farmtable

I almost forgot to take that before picture again!

 
At least this way you can  see some of my other junk around this table as I was painting.

And here it is finished and at Lone Elm Antique Mall.
It didn't last long though, someone has already found it a home!

I am loving the all black.

I made my own chalk paint and used Minwax Paste Wax to seal it.






I painted four different chairs to match.

Here is a view of the table runner I had made.
I will be sure to share a few of those later.

I hope you love it as much as I do, or did!
I love to hear your comments.

Don't forget to link your thrifty finds and fabulous makeovers to the Restyled Sundays party still going on.

I am linking up to these great parties:


Redoux
beneath my heart

5 comments:

  1. The table is gorgeous, I need to try making my own chalk paint, save me a bunch of $$!! I love the idea of using four different chairs painted the same, I might steal that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann, what a great job you did on that table. It's fabulous. Too bad you couldn't have kept it. At least it went to a good home. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look you achieved with the chalk paint!I too make my own and have so much fun with it. Your table runner is adorable as well:)Very put together! Im following you now stop over and chat sometime and B a follower of mine:) Thanks,Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This table is a beauty-following you from Beneath My Heart-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh it looks wonderful! I have to repaint my table & chairs and you are inspiring me to paint the top black as well as the legs. Yours came out great!

    ReplyDelete