Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

We made it! It's 2013 (whoops, almost wrote 2012) and I haven't been so ready for a fresh start in many years. I actually planned to write this post earlier today, but we went out and bought new furniture for our hearth room. That was a fun way to start off the new year :) I have been wanting a change, so we just did it.
The new stuff will be delivered on Saturday, I can't wait to share it with you. I will be fun to add new accents as well.

What I really wanted to talk about today was the dreaded resolutions we all make at the first of the year.
I hate making a list and then disappointing myself in a month or two. Last year, I followed the lead of another blogger and chose a word as my theme. My word was Simplify. It was so much easier than remembering a whole list. And, even though I didn't accomplish alot of simplification, it was always at the front of my mind.
Actually, with everything else that happened last year (selling our practice, our daughter moving home and my parents moving to senior living) I always kept thinking of that word. I really did not buy hardly anything at an estate sale or thrift shop. After all, I have too much as it is. I also didn't eat myself up for not getting more done. I had to accept the challenges I was given and not worry about what I couldn't do.

So this year, I am choosing another word. Actually, its a phrase. Finish one project before you start the next. If you can think of a word to sum that up, let me know.  I am so bad about having multiple projects going at once. My husband thinks I flit from one thing to the next. Don't you love the word flit! Anyway, I am focusing on completing things and I will continue to keep simplify in my mind as well.

I want to really focus on my blog this year, so I am committing to posting 3 times a week. I want to continue our Restyled Sundays parties,  and  I would love to hear what you all would like to see or learn about. I am also spending more time at the antique mall, so maybe we can share experiences about running an antique business.

I am very excited and can't wait to hear what is motivating you as we start 2013.
God Bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment