Saturday, January 29, 2011

Some Fabulous Thrifting Finds and A Whole New Look

I am so excited today! I have a whole new look thanks to Krystal from Sassy Sanctuary Blog Design . I couldn't be happier with the design, she really listened to what I wanted and created a fabulous look. I hope you like it as much as I do. The other thing I want to share is some fabulous thrifting finds that I have picked up over the last couple of weeks. First, I have been eyeing a certain rusty rooster basket at the antique mall where my booth is. The problem was she wanted a ridiculous price and on top of that it was coming apart. I just couldn't bring myself to pay $30 for a broken rooster, even if I did love it. You can see that the front of the rooster is not connected to the basket. Ok, I figured I could just put a screw through the bar and fasten it together. But, what about the fact that I couldn't bring myself to pay $30 for a rooster. Well, there is where the good news comes in. The owner of the booth in question decided to leave the mall and had a 50% off sale to clearance out her stock. Now normally I wouldn't even pay $15, but remember I love this rooster and have been eyeing him for some time. So of course I bought it and home it came. Now I just needed to repair its broken neck :( So I looked to see what size screw I needed to hold it together and slipped the broken neck back into the basket. It wasn't broken at all, it just had a slipped disk. It fit right back together and stays connected just fine. As you can see from this photo, I got rid of the silly bow around his neck and changed the napkin inside to go with my color scheme. I am using him to hold my fresh fruit, he looks a little sad tonight since we are completely out. Tomorrow I shop at Sam's instead of Goodwill :) My second fabulous find is this wonderful Thomasville wicker rocker. I couldn't believe it when I walked back in the furniture section of Goodwill and found this beauty among the broken down bookshelves and fake potted plants. It has an area of broken wicker on the right arm and desperately needs some new cushions, but it was love at first sight. I don't even think these cushions belong to this chair, but they will be great for stuffing the new ones. Stay tuned for a future post on this baby. Yes you guessed it, it is also staying with me. Mr. Stylish doesn't know it yet, but it will soon be moving into our master bedroom.

I am linking to these really fun parties. Be sure to check them out!

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
UndertheTableandDreaming

1 comment:

  1. I love him, and adore that black and white napkin, too. I'm so glad you were able to get him half off. :)

    ReplyDelete