Thursday, April 7, 2011

Some Great Vintage Finds and New Organization

I went to the worst thrift store ever today. I was about an hour from home and couldn't wait to check out some new treasure spots. We found the store fairly easily with a little help from Google. It was mostly clothes which I was disappointed about and it was very dirty, but as we wandered around for a while we did find a few good deals.
These two candlesticks were $3.29 apiece and they are about 16" tall. I think they will look really great after a coat of white paint and maybe some antiquing.
I also found this cute little yellow pitcher for about $4.00
It's going to look great in my daughter's kitchen.
This cute metal wall shelf needs a little work, but will be a great little display piece.
I love this little milk glass candy dish with a lid. It has a sweet grape design on the sides.
We also went to a fabulous estate sale over the weekend. I only have a few pictures from the sale, I got so excited and took so many of the items to our booth at the antique mall without even taking pictures. These hand pieced and hand quilted place mats looked like they have never been touched. They are such great colors for today. We got all four of them for $2.00, that is alot of work for two dollars.
This desk lamp is in perfect condition. I think it is from the 1950's.
At Goodwill I found this plastic wood look mail sorter. I am sure I saw one of these redone out in blog land with some paint and antiquing.
This is a fabulous book stand. I think this one is handmade.
It will look even better after a makeover.
This is the best deal I found from the estate sale. A metal locking cabinet that stands over 6' tall and has 5 shelves inside. These cost over $300 new and I stole it for $15.
Look at my paint stash now. I can find everything super fast and know
right where to put it when I am finished. I love it!
Now if I can organize the rest of my basement like this, I will be in heaven.
Watch for some of my updates to these great finds.
Linking to these parties: Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. i flippin love your paint cabinet! i would love one. great find! and i see you are also addicted to spray paint. lol thanks for sharing this at my party, great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the paint cabinet--it was a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, Thanks for sharing your new treasures at my party. You found some great things!
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete