Wednesday, April 27, 2011

For The Love Of Pink

Do you remember this adorable little desk with the terrible paint job?
I found her at a garage sale for $5.00.
She finally made it to the top of the list for a makeover!
Ta Dah!
Now she is fit for a princess. I have really been itching to paint something pink
and she was just the thing. She will look so cute in a little girl's room.
A good coat of Krylon's Watermelon and Minwax clear coat.
The trim had been painted over so many times,
but it still adds a little feminine touch.
I have been wanting to buy some of HL's cute knobs.
They finally went on sale this week.
Well, there she is. With $3.00 of spray paint and the knobs were on sale
for $5.00 for both, this little desk only cost $13.00 total.
Be sure to come back tomorrow and see the accessories I am making to go with her. Linking to these parties:
Beyond The Picket FencePhotobucket Redoux
Transformation Thursday

504 MainFurniture Feature Fridays>>Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

9 comments:

  1. that is sooo darling! i love painting furniture in untraditional colors. my dining room chairs are in for distressed robin's egg blue once i get enough time without my husband :P

    andie@ http://crayonfreckles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling! And 5 dollars! That is the best part!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly made a big difference in that desk. It really looks nice in pink where you are using it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great piece for only $13.00 total!
    My niece would love it her favorite color is pink. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Anything pink catches my eye. Good job and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just checked out your blog and seen that you are from my hometown. My heart is back in KC. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty color and cute knobs!

    ReplyDelete