Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Girl's Only!

So this is the desk I showed you last week. It started out as a really bad paint job, $5 garage sale deal! I mean really bad paint job! They hadn't even painted the back side of the legs. And some really boring silver knobs that did nothing to help. And, here it was last week after a lot of sanding and a couple of coats of Krylon's Watermelon. Of course, I lucked out and found some really cute knobs at Hobby Lobby on sale! Yeah for 50% off sales. I wish I knew what else I might need when they have their sales. So, here she is now. A cute little chair, a sweet lamp that I found at another antique mall for $3 and a fabric remnant that has been sitting on my shelf, waiting for just the right project to come along.
I made the cushion for the chair in the pink and green paisley. It's vintage, but with a great young appeal.
There was just enough left over to cover the lamp shade. Thank goodness for hot glue! I had this cute little green ruffle trim and added that to the shade for a little something extra.
Once again, the chair with it's cushion.
And the cute green ties in the back.
I am lovin' it and think some cute tween girl will, too!
It'll be at the antique store this weekend.
Thanks for visiting!
Linking to: Photobucket
Domestically Speaking
Furniture Feature Fridays
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialBeyond The Picket Fence

7 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the color of the desk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful PINK! The chairs remind me of ones we had growing up.

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find, such a sweet desk! You've done an amazing transformation on it...perfect in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never thought of pink...it is fun! Come by & sign up for my continual giveaway...this week a $100 giveaway! And a few of my recent posts about furniture and bird cages...and a hilarious story about me! ;) Meme

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Lover the color on the table.

    ReplyDelete