Friday, May 6, 2011

It's The Weekend and I'm Ready To Paint!

I am so happy it's the weekend and I am not hosting Mother's Day this year (so I don't have to spend the day cleaning the house)! Instead, I can paint. I think I showed you this table and chairs that I picked up a couple of weeks ago. I now have it sanded and the chairs are primed. Gotta love Kilz Spray Primer for chairs. I have them ready to go, well almost ready to go. I still have to prime this last one, but it is completely sanded.
The table is sanded down to bare wood because it had some very deep scratches in it. Boy it took some serious elbow grease to get it smooth.
So that is my project for today. I can't wait to show you the finished project. So while you are waiting, I am gonna show you that I have accomplished something with paint this week.
Here are two spray paint projects I finished this week.
I love these candlesticks. They are tall, they are ornate and they were perfect to paint and distress. I did them to sell in the antique mall, but it may be a little difficult to let them go.
How pretty is that detail.
Another view of the base. Now I think they could use a little more distressing!
Here they were before. I really like the update.
And here is the largest ginger jar that I have found.
Other than the giant ones at the Chinese resteraunt.
I think my daughter has claimed this one for her bedroom.
Here she was before. I found her at the Salvation Army store.
Some one had done a lot of work on her.
I think the new simple look is better.
Don't you agree?
Thanks for visiting, come back for the reveal of the table and chairs.
Linking to:
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
UndertheTableandDreaming >Becolorful

2 comments:

  1. If you're really ready to paint... come on over, I got some stuff that needs your expertise! Well, okay, keep setting a good example then. Love your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The new simple is MUCH better. Your pieces will fly out of the sale if you decide to take them. Thanks for sharing them on Motivated Monday at BeColorful and I hope you will keep the inspiration coming.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete