You can see that peeling veneer. And it had some brass
embellishments on the top and bottom of the legs.
I started out by using wood putty to fill in the areas where the veneer was peeling.
Originally I taped off the brass sections and was going to paint that a darker color.
I started by painting it dark grey, I had some porch paint from
Walmart in a deep grey. I was going to go with a light grey on top, but decided to do the light grey blue instead. I added some of the blue to Valspar Glazing Medium and painted it on in sections and wiped off a little with a damp paper towel until I was happy with the coverage.
I am really happy with how it turned out!
As you can see I ended up completely covering the brass sections.
The darker color just didn't do it for me.
It is now sitting in my booth, waiting for a new home.