Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's A Great Day For A Blizzard

I know that lots of the country has had a tremendous amount of snow this year, but in Kansas we are really getting our fair share today. They are officially calling it a blizzard due to high winds and blowing snow. It is really quite bad outside, but I got to come home from work at noon today and we have already decided to stay home tomorrow and close the office. My poor hubby shoveled for about two hours when we got home and the driveway is completely buried again. Here is the view of our deck from inside the family room about 4:00 this aftermoom. It is supposed to snow until midnight.
The good news is that means an extra day and a half this week for projects. I am so happy to be stuck in the house with no place to go so I can work on this. This curio cabinet is my mom's and she had it for sale in the antique store for a while. Hopefully a good paint job will help it move. I can't wait to show you the finished product by the weekend.As you can see, there are lots of other projects going on in the background. One of them is a chair that I am making a slipcover for (my first). so while the paint is drying on the curio cabinet, the sewing machine will be humming.

No comments:

Post a Comment